My disappearance explained

OK, so the already limited number of people reading my blog has probably dwindled to nothing. But I need to explain my absence. While it has been over a month since last I wrote, I never intended to give up the blog. I just got really, truly, insanely busy. Something had to give, and my blog simply had to fall by the wayside. Now I have more time.

Here's what I accomplished: I finished my dissertation, defended it, and moved almost all the way across the country. Plus I organized my lectures for the two courses I'm going to teach this summer. Sound like a lot? No? How about if I mention that we moved all of our stuff out of our house to a storage unit and made lots of repairs on the house itself? I thought you might agree.

I'm a bit tuckered out from the 2.5 day, 2400 mile journey we finished last night, so I'm going to end here for now. I promise to give more details in the next few days, though. I'll just leave you with this thought: I think that the Comfort Suites is a great hotel. We arrived at the one in St. Joseph, MO around 10:00 PM on Wednesday night, and their pool was still open. Each room had a sitting area, and the continental breakfast was much better than most.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured you have a life....
and that it was to be expected (your absence)
:)
hopefully you'll all be able to settle in nicely.

Nava said...

Wow, quite a busy month you had. And where is Plainbellied?

Plainbellied said...

And how do you plan to explain your most recent disappearance?