Cavemen on TV?

I read a little bit about the fall television schedules today, and I've got to say that I'm less than impressed. I tend to watch more TV than I should, but there are only a few television shows that I specifically make time for, and none of them are on ABC, which, regardless of its popularity right now, actually makes what I consider to be the worst shows. This fall appears to be no exception. They've created a spinoff of Grey's Anatomy, which I personally hate, and to top it all off, there's a show about those cavemen from the Geico ads.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with cavemen, per se (I loved Phil Hartman as Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer), but this show just seems like a bad idea. Geico makes the worst commercials.I just want to step on the stupid gecko with the accent, and the cavemen are just too creepy. For some reason I shiver whenever they come on my television, and I instinctively change the channel. I really don't think I could possibly watch an entire episode of them. It would weird me out too much. I know Plainbellied agrees with me on this one, but are we the only ones?

In related, sad news, it looks like Andy Barker, P.I., was not picked up by NBC. That's sad, because it was a really clever show. It was one of very few shows that I looked forward to each week during its short run (kind of like Psych on USA, which we download from iTunes whenever there is a new episode). Raines appears to be gone as well. I do have high hopes for the new Bionic Woman show, though I have found myself somewhat uninterested by Heroes.

Anyway, I guess that's enough of that. It's probably good there aren't a lot of shows I like. Maybe I'll stop watching so many shows that I don't.

No comments: