Lobster

We ate lobster today. I really like it, but it's so expensive. The store usually sells it for 16.99/lb. This week, they dropped the price to 6.99/lb. That's still more than we would normally spend on meat or fish, but that's a good price for what it is.

Random note: I just heard Plainbellied upstairs with Her Nibs, who is prepping for bed: "[Muffled sound] wipe! That's gross!" I really don't want to know what happened.

Lobster is one of those things I remember from when I was a kid. I don't eat it very often. I think I've only had it twice in the last ten-fifteen years. Most recently I got a grilled lobster tail with my dinner from Outback Steakhouse. It was dried out and not very good. So when we got our lobster today, I steamed them, and it came out really well.

Her Nibs refused to help prep them--let's face it, lobsters look kind of gross. But when we started eating, she liked it. Plainbellied was another story. She's eaten lobster before, but she's never eaten a lobster by herself. So I taught her how to break it apart and what to eat (I don't touch the tomale, which is wicked disgusting). She did really well, but I noticed that she kept giving her meat to Her Nibs. It turns out that she didn't really like it.

I give her props for trying though. That was impressive.

No comments: