Musical Mayhem

I have a lot of CDs. Really. A lot. As in hundreds.

I made my collection largely in high school and college. In fact I haven't purchased more than a few CDs a year since I got married. I don't have the money to support my habit anymore. But now I have a problem. I got an iPod a few years ago, and now I have a lot of music in iTunes so I can put it on my iPod and take it with me. Unfortunately, I haven't taken the time to move all of my CDs. I think this is rooted in the fact that I'm inherently lazy. I have music I like on iTunes, so I don't feel the need to import more. I've increased how much I put on over the years, working on the project intermittently. My iTunes now has 13.3 GB of music in it. That's a lot, but I still have a lot of music to put on it.

Today I'm trying to make a dent of some kind. Each album doesn't take that long to import, though the task is still daunting. Having said that, I'm rediscovering some pretty cool music. I had forgotten about the Lemonheads and Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I haven't listened to Cream's entire Disraeli Gears album for a while. The Cranberries have some really cool music, too. Maybe if I remind myself how fun that part is, it won't be as hard to do next time.

1 comment:

Plainbellied said...

I think you should only import 1 every 2 weeks. Then it can be like getting each CD brand new all over again! See? We don't need money for a CD budget after all. :D