What's Next? Dunkin Donut Brakes?

I took my car in for an oil change today, and I learned something new about it. Recently, our car developed a squeal in the brakes (it's a 2006 Toyota Matrix), I asked the mechanic to look at it today when I took it in. He told me that the brakes were "glazed." This meant that the rotor had been worn smooth when it should be rough. They outlined the procedure for fixing the issue, and it sounded wicked expensive to me. So I asked, in my inimitable way, "Is it a safety issue?" They said, "No. It's just a comfort issue." I think you know what I did. . . . I can live with the squeal.

Speaking of glazed, a new Dunkin' Donuts will soon open around the corner. I am partial to their donuts, and I don't like Krispy Kreme, which is all we can get here. I have fond memories of Dunkin' Donuts as a kid. My brothers and I all had paper routes as kids, and one of the best parts of it was being able to get donuts on the morning route. Early on, we went to a local bakery or Cumberland Farms (a convenience store) for donuts. Then they opened a Dunkin' Donuts in a nearby town, and we would drive all the way over there for donuts. They didn't open a shop in my hometown until just before I moved out of town for college. I don't tend to eat sweets, but I am very partial to Dunkin' Donuts and Ring Dings, neither of which is available where I live.

Isn't it just like them to open just before I (hopefully) move somewhere else? Jerks.

No comments: