Places I want to visit someday

Though I've had a chance to travel quite a bit, there are still a number of places I would still like to go. So here are a few of them and the reasons why I want to go there.

Alaska
I think Alaska would be wicked cool. Plainbellied and I want to go on a cruise there someday. They say it has an incredible natural beauty.

Guatemala
The temples of Tikal look really cool from the photographs I've seen, and they're in the end of the first Star Wars film. I'm pretty interested in meso-american culture, and I think this is something I should go see. I would also like to see Macchu Picchu.

Greece
I grew up fascinated with Greek mythology, and I'd really like to go see where it all began.

Scandinavia
My wife is of Norwegian descent, and when I was a teenager my family hosted an exchange student from Finland. My brother spent a year in Sweden, and he loved it. I'm really interested in Scandinavian culture, and Fjords would be cool to see in person.

Japan
I've got an interest in Japanese film, and I think Japanese culture has a lot going for it. It is very different from our own, and I would really like to learn more about it. They have some amazing architecture that I'd like to see up close. Seeing examples in a museum is not the same.

The UK
I once spent a night in Bristol, and we went to Bath for a few hours. I really want to get back and explore the whole country, including London and Scotland.

India
One word: Bollywood.

No comments: