Shuffle bug

As I sit here writing this post, I'm listening to my music on shuffle, as I've been doing a lot lately. I highly recommend it. You never know what's going to happen. I have a rather eclectic musical taste, so I can go from Rush to John Denver to Allison Krauss to Shaker spirituals within four songs. And I like them all. I just skipped from ManĂ¡ to the Tokens without flinching. Technology is amazing.

I was introduced to the shuffle technique by a friend in high school. My family bought a CD player (finally!), and it was a six-disc changer. Not the carousel kind, it had a type of magazine thing. So we would load it up and put it on shuffle, so we had no idea what was coming next. I now have a device that allows me to load a thousand songs on it (right now I've only got about 800 or so because I like to leave empty space for some reason) and hit shuffle.

I've got to go. Vivaldi's Concerto for Two Trumpets in C just came on, and it's awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

turtar said...

I agree, though I don't often listen to much from that period.

I tend to gravitate toward anything with lots of brass. That's one reason I really love Gustav Mahler's work. I also listen to a lot of trumpet concertos. I played all through high school and college, so it has stuck with me.

Even so, one of my all-time favorite pieces is Barber's Adagio for Strings. That's just sublime.